Sunday, January 15, 2012

About Me

I graduated from Miami University with a BS in Special Education and Elementary Education with a Kindergarten Endorsement. My first year, I taught at Sanders School, which is an amazing school in Wayne Township for children with severe emotional handicaps. We then moved to Florida where I taught for 3 years at a public school in Bradenton. I had a Pre-K Varying Exceptionalities classroom. I loved it! I enjoyed being an introduction to school for most of my little ones. I strived to make my classroom fun and highly educational so that my students would learn to enjoy coming to school every day. I also loved how unique all of my students were, each with many different abilities and needs. It made each day a challenge and a joy.
Since then, I have been a mother to my 3 handsome sons and a wife to my husband. I have truly enjoyed these years at home with my children.  I have subjected them to many of my units and lesson plans that I used while teaching preschool.  We are constantly reading, doing crafts and fun projects and simply experiencing life together.  My youngest son is almost old enough to go to kindergarten, so I am taking 2 courses this semester to renew my teacher’s licenses. I will probably be looking for a position this fall.  I adore teaching and look forward to getting back in a classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment